Join the Friends and Foundation of the Arlington Public Library for the Spring Book & Author Luncheon. This spring's event features Judson Stone, author of A Last Chapter of the Greatest Generation, and Jim Widdon, author of The Old School Advantage. Luncheon proceeds benefit the new George W. Hawkes Downtown Library, which will open to the public in summer of 2018.
Tickets are required and are on sale until February 15. Tickets may be purchased online with a debit or credit card.
Past authors include
- Kellie Coates Gilbert, A Woman of Fortune
- Carole Nelson Douglas, Goodnight, Mr. Holmes
- Landon Parham, First Night of Summer
- Julie Kibler, Calling me Home
- Robert Hall, Land of Strangers — The Relationship Crisis That Imperils Home, Work, Politics, and Faith
- Paula LaRocque, Chalk Line, The Book on Writing, On Word, and Championship Writing.
- OK Carter, Caddos, Cotton and Cowboys: Essays on Arlington
- Sandy Prindle, The Sins of Tarrant County
- Evelyn Barker & Lea Worcester, Legendary Locals of Arlington, Arlington: Images of America
- Former Mayor Elzie Odom, Counting My Blessings
Shady Valley Country Club4001 W. Park Row DriveArlington, TX 76013
- Thu, Feb 23, 2017 - 11:30am to 1:30pm
Cacharel Restaurant & Grand Ballroom2221 East Lamar Blvd.Arlington, TX 76006
- Fri, May 13, 2016 - 11:30am
Cacharel Restaurant & Grand Ballroom2221 East Lamar Blvd. - 7th FloorArlington, TX 76006
- Fri, Oct 30, 2015 - 11:30am to 1:30pm